Search for post:

6.20.2015

Publish // The Lord Is Good


This morning I clicked publish! It was one of the most serial moments. www.emilyfrazierphotography.com is now live!
 Only the Lord knows where this journey will take me! Four years ago I was dabbling with a little Canon point-and-shoot. My God has blessed me with family and friends who pushed me to be brave and to keep trying. I will never forget my first senior, my first couple, my first wedding I took photos for. All of them forever in my memory. 

 I think its crazy that my friends call me a "photographer". That I am referred to as "Emily Frazier Photography". I am still getting use to having my work displayed in other people's homes, cherished by others, not just me. 

Starting a blog was one of the best things I've done. I am not a good journal keeper, so having a place I can scroll through and read different moments in my life is a treasure. I intend to keep my blog for personal and photography use, as it has been! I built a website to have a place to send people to see my work, my packages, and my contact info. To have a link I can proudly print on a business card. 

This website, this journey would not be possible without my friends. Without their constant love, encouragement, over-confidence in me, pep talks, and advice, I would never in a million years have been brave enough to launch myself into the world of working for people I barely know, giving my work to people that I am intimidated by, and really just displaying my work for all to see. They constantly push my fears out of mind and point me to the Lord. They pray with me. They like my posts... even if they are sometimes the only ones. They model for me. They let me cry on their shoulders. But most of all they let me talk their ears off! 


 The Lord has changed more than my camera this last semester. I have learned more than I even know now. My heart pace quickens when I pick up my passport, and I don't know why yet. My hand and wrist ache after long wedding days shooting, but I love it. My chacos are wearing as I walk in mud, sand, dust, and water at work. My fingers work quickly as I sit in a booth at Cafe Eclectic writing posts, editing images, and replying to emails. My memory cards are constantly filled with photos from family sessions, camp life, weddings, and random photos of my feet. My wallet has become heavier as I stuff my business cards in every pocket. 

This website was a work of heart. I was scared to click publish because I knew everyone I knew could see it, but the Lord is good, and I know he has called me to build my portfolio and show others this gift and passion he has given me. I am excited to have a place I can send people to when they asked about my work, how I began, and what I do.



Click below to see my website:




No comments:

Post a Comment