Search for post:

12.04.2015

To Bekah // His Grace // Our Common Core

I spent yesterday afternoon listening to my best friend talk about how the Lord has changed her world. He picked her up and set her a new place filled with new people, exciting discoveries, scary chances, and heart breaking realties. Moments after I got off the phone, I was reminded of the song Hosanna. These words start playing in head:




I've heard Bekah cry these words out in worship. I have heard her pray these words. And I have seen Him break her heart. I have seen Him love her. He has shown her people through His eyes. She loves people in a way I don't think I ever will. 

I was trying to find a picture to print out and write on, to remember this moment in her life and this moment in His plan. I went back to a trip we took together. For some reason these photos never reached processing, and they were left sitting on a hard-drive collecting dust. I want to share them, because I love this memory. I am beyond thankful for the conversations that happened.

 There are friendships that blossom under common circumstances. For Bekah and I, we went to the same church and we practically lived together while working at the same place. It was easy for us to be friends... we ALWAYS saw each other, and we both ALWAYS talk with people we are with. But as our circumstances shifted, as the Lord took away these common things in our two lives, we didn't drift. I started remembering the deepest, most emotional conversations I had had with Bekah. They weren't about work or food or friends or coworkers. They were consistently about the Lord. What He was teaching each us. What we were scared to pray for. How the Lord changed our lives. What we had read. What moments had reminded us of His love, His sovereignty, and His grace. I remember so many tears of joy and pain and prayer. And I've seen that our common core is Christ, and that will never change. 

This trip was a memory that has stirred my heart to thank the Lord for my friendship with Bekah. I can't wait to hug her, to cry with her, to pray with her, to laugh with her, and to travel with her again. Bekah I love you, and I am so proud of you.

 Our God is good. He is so good. 



Rachel, you are the cutest!





Even blurry pictures are cute when its laughing friends, right?



Mamma White!






Sisters <3







Rachel in one photo. HAHA I love you.



I get this face a lot when I have my camera out...











BEST PHOTO EVER. Family














No comments:

Post a Comment